Thursday, July 16, 2009

Trabajando en Regional Atlantida

Alo

So it´s been almost a week of working in Hospital Regional Atlantida. It´s been quite an adventure. Since we´ve been here, we´ve started our inventory of the hospital equipment, repaired/cleaned/oiled 15 nebulizers, taught some nurses how to use an infusion pump, built sphignomanometers, and are now translating a manual for a fetal monitor. It´s been a lot of fun and we´ve been definately keeping busy. It really does pay off to meet as many people as you can, introduce yourself and explain while you´re there with a smile on your face. Most people are very open and want us to help, so they are accepting us quite well.

Yesterday, Julien, my partner, and I attempted to go to the movies to see the new Harry Potter. Unfortunately, the movie does not come out in Honduras until the 24th. I was deeply saddened by the event, considering Costa Rica had it on the 15th too. O well, I just have to wait a couple more days I guess.

This weekend, I think the plan is to go to Cayos Cochinos and the Bay Islands for a bit of relaxing in the sun. Our host sister works for the ferry company so we´re hoping she can get us a good deal on some tickets.

Other than that, just trying to stay cool in this heat. Everyday reaches at least 90 and I sweat all day long, unless I mange to find myself in a restaurant or a department which has AC...I tend to stay in those places a little longer. ´

I´ll keep you updated. Ciao!

2 comments:

  1. I'm glad your getting to use your skills on the machines and doing some good things. At least there are places to cool down at once you get off work. And at least your bedroom is air conditioned. The beach sounds like a good relaxing time. I'm glad you got the chance to continue on to Honduras. Quite an experience.

    ReplyDelete
  2. "Built sphignomanometers"? I think you're just making that word up!

    Good luck seeing Harry Potter. Will it be dubbed in Spanish or English with Spanish subtitles?

    Stacie

    ReplyDelete